Wednesday 9 December 2009

It's Begun!

Opening night has been and gone and I don't think we did too shabby. Once the audience warmed up (and had a couple of drinks at the interval) they began to get into the spirit of things more which is always encouraging when you're making a tit of yourself onstage. The show did not pass without incident though. I almost made it to the end when during an amorous moment onstage I lost balance and landed on my bum. It didn't hurt then but it hurt this morning when I got out of bed. Looking forward to seeing what cock-ups the next twelves shows will bring.

On a similar note. We had our final rehearsal on Monday which started out well but quickly descended into mishaps and chaos with broken props, wrong sound/lighting cues and fluffed lines, until we couldn't fight it any longer and played along with the silliest. One of the funniest nights in my life with a great bunch of people.

Now it's time to pack my back and make my way over to the theatre for Show #2. Allon-sy!

No comments: